Digital Forwarder Significantly Improves Its Potential To Win More Business
Instant Drayage Pricing Gives Digital Forwarders A Competitive Edge!
A digital forwarder focused primarily on international business, substantially improved its ability to win business by hiring Freight Management, Inc. (FMI) to handle its domestic drayage. As a result, our client:
- Gained a competitive edge thanks to FMI’s ability to provide instantaneous pricing
- Put itself in a better position to keep orders thanks to getting pricing immediately
- Protected its reputation with work backed by FMI’s sterling reputation
- Enjoys peace of mind knowing its drays are in good hands
The digital forwarder handles a lot of ocean freight and requires a domestic logistics provider once the shipments reach the United States. They approached Freight Management because they wanted to digitize their process to make it more efficient and execute well with their lean staff.
The company’s leadership recognized the benefits that instantaneous pricing offers. A delay time of even two to three hours could cost them money or even the entire order. It is not uncommon for a freight forwarder’s customers to get tired of waiting and choose a competitor.
The traditional way of obtaining pricing did not interest our client. They did not want to shop around to get quotes from multiple providers. Instead, they wanted to expedite the process as quickly as possible so they could move on shipments swiftly.
The digital forwarder approached Freight Management, Inc. about one year ago. FMI spent this period of time going over details with our client, testing a number of loads and testing both of the companies’ systems to make sure they felt comfortable.
FMI started moving domestic drayage for the freight forwarder via their integrated TMS platforms this year. The benefits our client enjoys as a result include:
- The ability to win and keep more orders
- Details, including line-item breakdowns, about every leg of the trip available to their customers
- Their excellent reputation is reinforced by FMI’s shipping expertise and industry connections
The digital forwarder has enjoyed a distinct advantage due to letting FMI handle these shipments. Its potential to win more business continues to increase.