Freight Management Inc. Significantly Reduces Freight Costs For Clients
View Our Logistics Case Studies With Solutions!
With a vast network of more than 15,000 carriers and My Freight Manager®, its user-friendly all-in-one TMS, Freight Management, Inc. (FMI) has the industry connections and proprietary technology to give clients a wide range of comprehensive managed logistics services.
Companies seek out FMI when they get access to the best dray rates in real-time, dependable customer service and a third-party logistics provider with a sterling reputation. Read some case studies about clients and their solutions that saved big and gained efficiency by using Freight Management, Inc’s services.
Luster Products Enjoyed A 20% Freight Cost Reduction In One Year
Category: Consumer Goods
Luster Products, Inc. needed a new third-party logistics provider who could deliver value and give them proactive savings opportunities. They sought a company that could give them access to supply chain visibility, improve service levels and achieve savings across the board.
The premium personal care products manufacturer took advantage of Freight Management, Inc.’s comprehensive managed logistics services including the following:
- Hosting a less-than-truckload (LTL) sourcing event
- Drop trailer program
- Consolidation programs
- Inbound logistics
- Freight brokerage
- Freight payment
- Freight tendering and procurement
FMI was able to take Luster Products live in just 48 hours and the company quickly saw results:
- A 20% reduction in freight spend
- A 60% decrease in retail penalties
- A 25% reduction in the number of providers needed
The partnership between Freight Management Inc. and Luster Products has lasted nearly 40 years and is still going strong.
Lifestyle Brand Saved More Than 10% On Total Freight Costs
A publicly traded lifestyle brand found itself in need of a new logistics provider that could handle the rapid expansion of its retail stores in 2016. The company was familiar with Freight Management, Inc.’s comprehensive managed logistics services, proprietary technology and extensive carrier network. Based on these attributes, the lifestyle brand decided to work with FMI.
The logistics provider set the company up for success with the following services:
- Hosted a less-than-truckload (LTL) sourcing event
- Created a drop trailer program
- Carrier sourcing
- Contract management
- Procurement and freight brokerage
- Freight audit
- Freight payment
- Claims management
As a result, the lifestyle brand experienced:
- 10% freight spend reduction
- 100% claims-free deliveries
- 99.9% on-time deliveries
- And more
FMI also implemented the client’s own carriers.
Digital Forwarder Gains A Major Advantage to Winning Business
Category: Freight Forwarder / NVOCC
A digital forwarder primarily focused on international business sharpened its competitive edge for winning business by entrusting the management of its domestic drays to Freight Management, Inc. (FMI)
Our client needed a domestic logistics provider to handle its domestic container drayage for imports and exports. They reached out to FMI after learning about our ability to give them instant pricing.
The forwarder enjoyed the following benefits:
- FMI’s instantaneous pricing abilities gave the client an advantage over competitors
- Access to line-item breakdowns and details about every leg of the trip
- Getting pricing immediately improved the client’s ability to hold onto orders
- FMI’s excellent reputation and high-quality work preserve the client’s own reputation
- The client can rest assured its drays are handled well by FMI
The digital forwarder started using FMI’s services recently. Its potential to win business continues to improve over time.